Sunday, May 18, 2008

regret.

Now that DC United is the second worse team in the MLS (they did a fine job beating Chivas out of their position), I think it's fair to talk about regret. And I'm not the only one talking about it.

1. Bobby Boswell (.com)- I mentioned him yesterday, not that we really want him back, but he did score the game winning goal yesterday, and that makes me bitter.

2. Joe Cannon- Fullback Files mentions DC missing out on the Joe Cannon trade as a regret after seeing what we got out of Zach Wells last night.

3. Greg Vanney? yes, even Vanney. - Shatz responds to Fullback's regrets with sympathy for the Cannon situation and possible regrets on the Vanney-Kirk trade. I'll tell you what, even a slow backup central defender last night would have been nice.

I won't get into the Gomez/Gallardo debate, but if we kept the same team from last year intact, would we still be where we are today? I hope we have more to talk about in the coming months than woulda shoulda coulda. To echo Fullback, ugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Benny's the biggest miss from last year's team right now. Despite his continuing presence on the roster, he's not going to ride up with the calvary anytime soon. Ready for a blogecho?

Ugh-ugh-ugh-ugh . . .

RSL Ben said...

Yikes. That got ugly really quick. Making matters worse is my hatred of chivas tst. That one was there for the taking (especially after that brilliant goal by Gallardo), but the boys in black pulled an RSL and totally fell apart. My condolences, I know how it feels.

Powered By Blogger